Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Auburn smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface places you in full control of your Auburn home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it can benefit you and check out recommendations to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Auburn?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you may even speak to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also provides convenient remote access and control through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review current or recorded video streams from your linked security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Auburn by implementing schedules or creating rules. For example, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can add preferences like having your entrances unlock if the smoke alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just follow these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain in your house and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and each sensor in your home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will post a message if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open window will urge you to take action. Note that you may still arm the system by adhering to the above steps. You will then have to verify that you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Auburn
Although many users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will probably want to add another user at some point. Here’s how to do it.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote functionality, choose phone or email and submit the details to send an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, go to the menu, tap users, select the user you wish to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Auburn smart home. Dial (334) 378-2297 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.