Online shopping and daily shipments have become commonplace for numerous people. You love the convenience of having goods left at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes sitting in plain sight are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a significant issue, but you have the chance to take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are great tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they give you a lot more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why they’re sure to become an integral aspect of your smart home.
Benefits of a Auburn video doorbell
Available in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a range of advanced features, and the technology keeps advancing. You are now able to implement detection zones, speak to individuals at your door, and obtain instant updates whenever something is dropped off.
The best way to see how a Auburn video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various benefits it offers. Take a look at these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You can’t find this on all models, but there are some smart video doorbells that take action in dissuading crime with signals that can be seen and heard. This is an effective way to let prowlers know that you are watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that should include the faces of people at your door and boxes on the ground. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision give you a total perspective.
- High-resolution footage at any hour: What’s the benefit of having a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and challenging to see? The best models will include incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package arrives? You can receive immediate updates from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between people and boxes.
- Speak with the visitor at your door: Is a person standing at your front door? Reciprocal audio allows you to ask their purpose for being there. You could even use this beneficial feature to scare off people lurking around your porch.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to customize detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will help you reduce false alarms caused by pedestrians or pets.
- Convenient access to footage: A video doorbell configured into your smart home offers you the opportunity to see real-time and archived video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you can access them directly from your mobile device, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s going on, and even allow you to speak with the individual at your door. These components have become game-changers in terms of security and convenience.